Trust & Tax Manager
- Job Reference: W/26796
- Date Posted: 13 September 2021
- Recruiter: Alford & Bishop
- Location: Kent
- Salary: £52,000 to £60,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Excellent Package
- Sector: Private Client
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Trust & Tax Manager
£52,000 - £60,000
Excellent opportunity to join a top UK Chambers ranked practice that offer a highly competitive package and fantastic career development opportunities.
Trust & Tax Manager – This is a rare but fantastic opportunity to join a large, top tier practice with an excellent reputation. Our client is now looking for a Trust and Tax Manager to join their Trust Management team, specialising in providing accounting services to clients.
About the Role
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Tax & Trusts Manager who is confident in advising clients on a range of matters. You will be heading up a small team, however you will be overseen by the head of the department. Your main duties will include:
- Preparing trust accounts and returns, management of personal Tax Returns for beneficiaries, COP clients and HNW individuals.
- Assist the Probate division in dealing with tax affairs to date of death, Estate Returns and preparation of complex estate accounts.
- Provide specialist personal tax, accounting and advisory support.
- Preparing capital gains tax returns.
- Preparing inheritance tax returns for Trust anniversaries and exits.
- Calculating liabilities to inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax.
You will need to have at least 5 years previous experience gained in a similar role, with a solid background in personal Income Tax compliance and planning; Capital Gains Tax compliance and planning; as well as Trust and Estates accounting and taxation. Qualifications may include STEP, ACCA, ACA, ATT, CTA, AAT. A client focussed attitude and commercially astute manner is also essential.
On offer is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career, with support for further training and qualifications, competitive salary, hybrid working and excellent benefits package that includes:
- Generous pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Private medical
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Childcare vouchers
- State of the art offices
For further information or a full job spec please contact Gavin Sladden, Andrew Bishop or submit your CV as directed below. All applications are dealt with in the strictest of confidence and firms will not be approached without your consent. We will hold your details on our data base until such time as you ask us to remove them. Please note that our advertisements use PQE levels and salary levels purely as a guide.